Recognizing Our Exams for Higher Education & Professional Purposes
Michigan Language Assessment has provided secure, reliable, and trusted English exams since 1953. Accepted around the world, our exams open doors to higher education and employment opportunities. The MET, ECCE, and ECPE are our key exams for higher education and professional purposes.
Join our Global Network
We would be delighted to welcome you to our network. By choosing to recognize our exams, you can easily indicate the Michigan Language Assessment tests you accept as well as your required English language proficiency levels. You will also raise your organization’s profile with hundreds of thousands of candidates who have achieved the skills you require.
Benefits of Recognizing Our Exams
- Be confident in the quality and validity of applicants’ test results
- Quickly verify test results
- Access Michigan Language Assessment logo and certificate especially designed for Recognizing Organizations
- Enhance your outreach to the thousands of people who take our exams each year
- Gain visibility for your institution via listing on our website
- Personalized service: Consult with assessment professionals at Michigan Language Assessment regarding your language testing questions and needs
Test Development & Security
With more than 65 years of leadership in English language assessment, we are committed to test development and security. Our team of assessment experts designs our exams according to a rigorous, multi-stage development process. Our authorized test centers administer exams according to rigid security protocols and strict registration, administration, and scoring mechanisms ensure that our tests are secure and reliable.
Michigan Language Assessment adheres to a strict test development process.
- Test content developed by expert language assessment professionals
- Rigorous quality control for each test item
Michigan Language Assessment commits to obtaining secure and reliable results. See more details on test security.
- Strict test day security measures
- Administered only at authorized test centers on set dates
- Post-administration security reviews prior to release of exam results
Scoring & Verification
Michigan Language Assessment uses scoring models to ensure that test scores are comparable across different administrations and fair to all test takers.
- Listening and grammar, vocabulary, cloze and reading sections are machine-scored at Michigan Language Assessment
- Speaking sections administered and assessed by certified speaking examiners
- Writing section ratings graded by at least two certified raters
- Free results verification to ensure veracity of scores submitted
Find Recognizing Organizations
Sort the table below to see what tests are recognized by which organizations. Do you represent an institution that recognizes Michigan Language Assessment exams? Fill out our recognition form.*
We try to keep this list as up to date as possible, but circumstances may change without our knowledge. It is best to confirm the school’s status regarding score acceptance prior to the scheduling of an exam or submission of test scores.
*Although the MELAB is no longer a part of the testing products offered by Michigan Language Assessment, institutions may choose to continue recognizing MELAB results. Please contact your institution for further information.
|use the search options above to find organizations|