You will need the following to schedule your MET:
- Government-issued identification
- Method of payment
- An email address
- Your availability to schedule the test; (approximately 2 hours for the 2-skill test and 3 hours for the 4-skill test)
- Sufficient English proficiency to successfully communicate with readiness agents, proctors, and technical support services.
Preparing the room and your computer to take MET at home
Before you register:
- You will need a computer with a Windows-based operating system. Mac iOS 10.13 or higher is also supported. Phones and tablets are not compatible. Headphones need to be wired.
- Install Google Chrome
- Reserve a quiet, private room that is free of interruptions for the duration of your exam.
Before taking the test:
- Make sure your computer is up-to-date. Install any suggested updates prior to taking the test.
- Test your equipment. Make sure your microphone, speakers, and camera are on. Adjust your volume and charge all wireless devices, including your keyboard, mouse, headset, and laptop.
- Install ProProctor, the software to implement the secure administration of the test. You will need to create an account to log in.
- If you’re using wireless instead of a hardwired connection, others in your home should be dissuaded from streaming content or engaging in other high-bandwidth activities while you’re taking the exam.
- Cell phones and other electronic devices are not allowed for testing and must be removed from your workspace.
- Your test taking area must be clear of unnecessary materials (i.e. anything that promotes cheating or that you wouldn’t want to appear on screen).
- Your video camera needs to be on during the test session. Make sure it is free of obstructions, well-lit, and displays a clear view of you and your workspace.