Michigan Language Assessment conducts and supports research to inform product development and test revision, prepare evidence of test quality and validity for our products, and contribute to test recognition activities. We are dedicated to actively supporting and participating in the language testing field.
We support this mission through:
- Test Reports (annual reports and technical reviews) provide evidence of the soundness of each test administration and contribute to the validity evidence for the exams. They are useful for exam recognition activities and can also inform the agenda for test revision and research.
- Technical Reports summarize key activities such as the development of new test products or studies to link our tests to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
- Working Papers present findings from research undertaken as part of the Spaan Research Grant program or original research projects conducted by staff.
- Research Grants provide financial support for data collection or analyses for research projects related to one or more Michigan Language Assessment tests.
- Internships provide experiences that focus on assessment activities relating to test design and construction or contribute to test review and research activities.
Explore the Research Library
Use the Michigan Language Assessment research library to access our research and research-related publications in a searchable database.
What is in the research library?
- Conference presentations and posters
- Technical reports
- Working papers
- Project reports
- Test reports
- Publications related to our exams
- Journal articles
See Research Grant Programs
Learn about research grant programs.
Learn about our internship program.